Pest infestations can be insidious, often taking place out of sight inside the building’s structure, meaning that you may not be aware it’s happening until the damage is done.
A major timber pest infestation can do significant damage to the structural soundness of a property and can cost tens of thousands of dollars to fix.
Whether you’re buying, selling or renovating, a thorough check is absolutely essential. If you’re a home seller, any damage or infestations can significantly affect your ability to sell and reduce your asking price. If you’re a buyer, then the cost of repairing any damage or treating infestation must be taken into account in any purchase decision.
At 360 Degrees Property Inspections we provide comprehensive pest inspections in Melbourne. Our inspectors are fully qualified and licensed to carry out professional inspections in line with Australian Standards.
What Do We Look For?
A timber pest inspection is more comprehensive than a basic termite inspection. Besides termites, wood borers, fungal rot and mould can also do significant damage to the structural timbers of a property.
Our process focuses primarily on identifying areas of dampness in and around the home and damage to timber structures and materials.
Unlike a building inspection, an inspection will inspect areas up to 30m away from the main building to look for signs of infestation or conditions that may lead to future infestations.
Primarily, the process involves looking for:
- Areas of current and previous activity
- Areas of damage
- Evidence of past treatments or pest-proofing
- Construction faults that may cause issues
- Drainage and environmental issues that may cause issues
- Recommendations for further specialty inspections
- Recommendations for treatments
Our building inspectors will examine the:
- To identify any moisture-releasing features or appliances near external walls
- Ensure overflow and down pipes are directed away from the house
- Look for any soil or garden bed build-up, debris or timber near the house that may encourage termite infestation
- Inspect trees, fences or outbuildings on the property for infestation
- Property interior
- To check for leaks in any wet areas
- Inspect interior timbers for signs of damage and hollowness
- To ensure adequate ventilation and air flow
- Look for signs of water leakage and poor drainage
- To check for any signs of pest infestation and damage to materials
- Check for leakage or moisture in the roof space
We will also provide a detailed inspection report. The report outlines any current or previous activity and fully documents any existing damage. It will also highlight any construction issues that could lead to issues, as well as recommending any further inspections or treatments.
GET A QUOTE
We realise the importance of making the right choice while buying the property. Get in touch today and our professional property inspectors will be happy to help.