Combined Building and Pest Inspection Melbourne
Buying a new home can be a busy and stressful time and the temptation to cut corners can be strong. If you’ve fallen in love with a house the urge to buy can be overwhelming.
Organising a detailed house inspection before you sign on the dotted line is essential. It could end up saving you no end of heartache, stress, and money.
At 360 Degrees Property Inspections, we offer combined building and pest inspections across Melbourne. These comprehensive inspections combine a building inspection and a pest inspection and provide the most thorough property assessment available.
Our pest inspection services focus primarily on identifying areas of dampness in and around the home and pest-related damage to structures and materials.
Unlike a building inspection, a pest inspection will spend significant time inspecting areas up to 30m away from the main building to look for signs of pest infestation or conditions that may be conducive to future infestations.
We will also provide a detailed pest inspection report. The report outlines any current or previous pest activity and fully documents any existing damage. It will also highlight any construction issues that could lead to pest issues, as well as recommending any further inspections or treatments.
The building inspection covers the entirety of the inside and outside of the property. Common issues we look for include:
- Damage to interior walls
- Damage to and functionality of doors and windows
- Leaks in plumbing and pipes and moisture damage in wet areas
- Structural integrity in roof cavity, including water leakage, damage to insulation material, electrical wiring, and heating/cooling equipment
- Adequate ventilation and drainage in sub-floor area
- Damage to roofing and guttering materials
- Signs of damp or damage to exterior walls
- Rotting exterior timbers, doors and posts
- Signs of water retention or improper drainage around the property exterior
- Condition of driveways, paths and retaining walls
- Integrity and safety of all outbuildings
The Benefits of a Combined Building and Pest Inspection
To put it simply, a combined building and pest inspection will save you time and money.
Two qualified and experienced building/pest inspectors will carry out the on-site inspections simultaneously, meaning you only need to organise one inspection call-out. Both inspections are carried out according to applicable Australian Standards for building and pest inspections.
Once the inspection is completed, the detailed building/pest inspection report is then delivered to you within 24 hours.
Our combined inspection services are available to residential and commercial properties, and can be organised by home buyers or sellers.
GET A QUOTE
We realise the importance of making the right choice while buying the property. Get in touch today and our professional property inspectors will be happy to help.